Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thriteen in 13!


Hi there! 
This is the first time I have ever linked up with other Bloggers! Hopefully someone will read my posts! I am pretty new to this Blogging world, and I still have A LOT to learn, but so far it is fun! 
So here goes…

13. Favorite clothing….
I love yoga pants! Yoga pants are just so comfy. I have never actually done any yoga, but if I ever do, I am set because most of my pant wardrobe is made up of yoga pants! 
Namaste.

12. My favourite movie…
I love Despicable Me 2! Those Minions are just too cute! Usually I am not a big cartoon person, but this one is so filled with adult humour, I just like it! LOL! 

11. Favorite T.V. series…
I really like Grey's Anatomy. It is usually the only series I love to watch. I tend to be more of a channel surfer, watching here and watching there. I don't really go crazy for any particular series. Oh, I also like the Big Bang Theory. It's kinda cute. 

10. Favorite restaurant…
I am a big fan of eating out. Basically, I do not like to cook. I prefer to be served. I think I used to be extremely wealthily (in a former life) and I really liked it and haven't forgotten what it was like. Anyway, back to the restaurant thing…
I like Vietnamese food. I really like Pho. It is a beef rice noodle soup with bean sprouts and lime and some sort of brown sauce, (hoesin sauce??) anyway, it is yummy! 
I also like Tim Hortons for Honey Cruller doughnuts and a tea lattes! Yum! 
But, hey, you say eat out and I am there! 

9. Favorite New thing you have tried...
I read Conscious Discipline by Dr. Becky Bailey this past summer and decided to implement it in my classroom. I love it and it has made such a difference in how my children treat each other and the classroom. I have loved it so much, I signed up to go and take one of her summer institutes! So excited to go! 

8. Favorite gift…
My i-pad mini! I love, love, love it!!! It is so easy and fun to use! My hubby gave it to me. I always tell him it is the best gift he has ever given me, besides my diamond! 

7. Favorite thing you pinned…
I just can't pick! I love Pinterest and often think I need a pintervention! It's kinda like a magazine, you can go through pages and pages of stuff, just scrolling and scrolling. It's so fun! I love looking at all the amazing ideas! 

6. Fave Blog Post…
Hmmm…since I just started, I am not sure I have a favourite yet. 

5. Best Accomplishment…
Well, I can't really think of an accomplishment in 2013. If I could think of an accomplishment in my entire teaching career, I was thrilled to be nominated for an Excellence in Teaching award. It was even better when I won! Honestly was the icing on the cupcake! I never thought I would ever make it through all the elimination rounds, but I did! 

4. Favorite Picture… 
My basset hound is my baby! I swear I have taken more pictures of her than I have ever taken of anything! (including my son!) 

3. Fave Memory of 2013…
Renovating our basement and creating a beautiful new family room, bathroom and a HUGE crafty room for me!! I love my craft room! It is fabulous! I have a whole room to paint, craft, sew and try out lots of different art projects! Yay! I am still in the process of decorating it and making it my own. I decided to call it, Whispering Angel Art Studio. I even found a beautiful statue of an angel to place in the room. She's lovely. 

2. Goal for 2014…
I have been working on this for a while, but this coming year is THE year! I am going to lose the last 45 pounds! I have already lost 40 pounds. I feel better and I certainly love that I can wear smaller size clothes! 

1. One little word...
Love. 
I sign all the messages that I write to my little kids with love from, Mrs. D. 
My students always say, "I'm going to circle your favourite word, Mrs. D…love!" 
I feel very lucky to LOVE my job, LOVE my hubby, LOVE my son and LOVE my dog! 
I am pretty lucky. 
On to 2014!!






4 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

Thanks for linking up with us Trish!! I *love* your one little word! I might have to steal it ;)

Trish said...

Wow! Miss Kindergarten read my blog post! Wow! I am so excited! Thank you! Thank you!

Traci Clausen said...

So glad you linked up! Congrats on the Excellence in Teaching award!! Your dog is a cutie :)

Sarah B said...

Congratulations on your first link up! I'm also a new blogger and am getting slightly addicted to linky parties!

Butterflying Through Teaching

Post a Comment