Sunday, March 2, 2014

Science is my favourite!

I honestly love teaching SCIENCE! 
It is just so fun! I think I like it because it is hands-on learning at it's best! 
This past week we did two hands on experiments. 
We made Flick YoYo's with chop sticks and wrapping paper. It was part of our building things unit. 


We also had a wonderful time working on our Science Inquiry unit. We worked on discovering what dissolves and what does not dissolve. I explained to the children that when something that is a solid is in solid form it is holding hands really tightly and when it "goes swimming" in the water it lets go of hands and then it will "disappear" into the water.
The kids had lots of questions and they were really observing very well and drawing their own conclusions. It was really fun to watch and listen to them!  



The kids really worked well on this experiment. I love my little scientists! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment