Saturday, May 31, 2014

Papier Mache .... the modified way!

Yes...I am a little crazy! I started a papier mache project with my kids. It actually wasn't that bad! I mixed white glue (from the dollar store) with water. Then the kids dipped strips of white photocopy paper into the glue mixture and wrapped it around a mini pop bottle. 
                                         We are making little flying PIGS! 
Right now they are drying and we will paint them next week and add details. Then we will hang them from the ceiling in our classroom! They look so cute right now and they aren't even painted yet! I will take photos of the finished product as soon as they are FLYING around our room! 
We started our pig making by tightly rolling paper legs and then hot gluing them to the mini bottles. Then we cut out ears and hot glued the ear shapes on.

Then we papier mached!! 

Some of my little darlings really did not like the feeling of the "goopy" glue, so they 
needed a little help to get going with the wrapping and to show them that the glue wasn't all that bad! So I dove right in too! 

I love the BIG ears on this one! 

Aren't they so cute? 
Everyone wanted to make one, so we had them drying everywhere! Some were on trays, some were on our drying rack. 
Can't wait till they are painted up and detailed and then FLYING!


0 comments:

Post a Comment