Monday, October 19, 2015

So busy!


I have a very busy little bunch this year and I love it! 
This year I made literacy kits for my kids. If their families wanted one they just let me know and I would send one home. 
This is what I include: a mini-white board and marker, a shaped magnetic white board, a hand-made game called Fry Frenzy, a sight words board game with little Lego dudes as the game markers and an alphabet paper with all the letters and sounds listed, oh yes and a levelled reader. I also include a letter to the families describing all the games and materials and what they can do with all the items in the bag. Here is a photo of the contents of the bags. 


We have been learning about the Fall season. We read a story called Leaf Man and we created Leaf pictures from the leaves we collected in the school yard. 


I had the children write a sentence about their leaf picture. This child wrote: "See the leaves." I see a leaf dancer." 
So cute!

"See the leaves." "I see a kid."

They were all so unique! 

This month we are learning about Bats! This is a personal favourite of mine! I love doing this theme unit of study. I use it for covering some science and language arts. 
So we made Vowel Bat pointers to go with the Vowel Bat song on You tube and our Vowel bat book! 
SO much more to share! I will need to take more pictures! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment