Saturday, June 4, 2016

STEM challenge!

I challenged my kids to build a paper chair that would hold one of our classroom stuffie pals; Elephant, Piggie or Penguin. They were only allowed to use paper, toilet rolls and tape! Nothing else! It was fun to see how they think and work out the problem. We decided that the chair had to have a back on it and be free standing on it's own. I was amazed at how different each chair was and how each child approached what to do with the limited materials. I was mean, I didn't even let them use scissors! The kids who never gave up and kept right on building and trying different things will be GREAT problem solvers in the future! 
This one even has a cushion on the back made from the student's own backpack dangle thing!
(it looks and smells like a cookie!)


She was very proud of her "barstool"! I was amazed it could stand! 

This little guy made a couch! 

It was a fun science challenge! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment