Thursday, October 24, 2013

A, E, I, O, U, Vowel Bat!

I love Vowel Bat! It is hands down the best song to learn the vowel sounds! Shari Sloane from Kids Count 123 has a great Youtube video with the song. This year I had my kids make their own vowel bat! I provided a cardboard cut out and the children wrote the vowels on the bat inside circles. Then we outlined the bats with our favourite colour of smelly marker. Then we added details, like a smile and fangs and of course wiggle eyes! The children LOVED it! Once we completed making our Vowel Bats, we just HAD to sing the song and fly our bats around!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Vowel bat! Could you share the Vowel bat with me?
rkern@hopewell.k12.va.us

Unknown said...

Would you please share your pattern with me.
I love Vowel Bat!
Thank You
Debbie

Post a Comment