Saturday, April 12, 2014

Learning Targets!

Learning Targets are a "big thing" in our school right now. Kids know what they are expected to learn and it is put on our target board. I usually try to talk with the kids about the targets and we decide together what is important to know. Then we put the target ideas into I can statements and the kids work towards the bigger goal. I admit when I first heard about this idea, I thought it was a bunch of "hooey" and that the kids won't use it; that it is really just "teacher wall paper." But, hey, I am a life long learner too...so I decided to embrace it and give it a try. So I wrote down everything they told me. Well, my little darlings knew exactly what learning targets were and they proceeded to absolutely WOW me!! 
Hooray!!

Our GROOVY Learning Targets sign!
I made it from wooden letters and cut outs!


Words the kids told me about targets!

L.A. targets

math targets

Science targets

Social targets


0 comments:

Post a Comment