Sunday, September 22, 2013

I LOVE Science!

Well, not ALL science, just the super fun experiments! I do A Lot of experiments at the beginning of the year, because I find that it really motivates and excites the children about school! 
I always wear my rainbow lab coat, which I think just adds to the magical quality (plus it just looks cool and I love it!) I got it a few years ago from when I went to a conference and Steve Spangler Science was there. 
I also made a class set of lab coats for my students! On the back of each lab coat I wrote the name of a famous scientist or the name of a scientific theory. I have Dr. Schrodinger with a picture of a cat, Professor Bunson Burner, Dr. Jeckyl, Dr. Atom, Professor Beaker, Dr. Einstein and many more! Every time we put the coats on the children spend the first five minutes reading the coats to find out who they are! It is wonderful and fun! 


All my students in their lab coats and me in my Rainbow lab coat! Preparing to do the mentos and coke experiment!
One of my faves!


This shows the back of one of the kids lab coats. This one says: Professor Saturation! 
Little Scientist at work making "Mini- Explosions!"

1 comments:

Post a Comment