Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome to my blog! I am very excited to be embarking on this new journey! I am not very techie at all! I just like to share ideas and show what I do in my little corner of the world. 
First of all I call my grade one class Groovy grade one and one of our first big projects is to the dye t-shirts. It is not really traditional tye dye. What I do is clip the shirts to the fence in our playground and then the children squirt the dye onto the shirts with bottles. 
I have them do it like a little assembly line! I start at one end with one bottle of colour. The first kid sprays his shirt then passes it to the next kid and so on. Soon ALL the dye bottles are headed down the line. Once all the shirts have been sufficiently sprayed, I come along and put the shirts into plastic zip bags. Then the shirts sit in the bag for a few hours. Then I take them home and air dry them and then put them in the dryer and they are good to go! 
I have been doing it this way for the past few years and it works pretty well! 
                                       






This is one of my boys enjoying squirting the dye!

                     



These are 2 of my girls loving the discovery of the spreading colours!






I have to thank my Educational Assistant for her help and my good friend (who is also a retired teacher) for her wonderful help! It would not have gone so smoothly without both those ladies lending a helping hand with our  Tye Dye day! It was alot of GROOVY fun! We will wear our shirts when we go on field trips or for special school events! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment