Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pattern Centers!

We have been learning all about patterns! 
So I made up 5 different pattern centres and put them into plastic bins. To keep it simple, I rotate the bins through each table group. The kids are also very good at helping me remember which bin they have not had at their table yet. The kids LOVE having pattern centres! I kept the centres fairly simple. 

Bin one has daubers of different colours and long strips of paper. 
Bin two has foam happy faces, markers and long paper strips.
Bin three has foamie stickers of fall leaves and long strips of paper.
Bin four has play dough and number cards. (I love the smell of play dough!) 
This bin actually has more to do with numbers than patterns, but it is good fun and good practise!)
Bin five is totally hands on building patterns with Unifix cubes.
I also have an "extra bin" for fast finishers that has smelly markers and blank "Elmer the elephant" papers. The children make patterns all over the elephants! Super cute! 

Soon the kids will have visited ALL the bins and I will need to change them up to match our next unit, numbers! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment